Experience and Skills:
Seeking a highly qualified scientist with regulatory and claims experience with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, biology, cosmetic science or a related biological discipline (preferred).
- 3-5+ years' direct work experience in the product regulatory discipline of consumer goods, cosmetics, medical devices and/or drugs (CPG experience preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of the EU & International regulations and authorities governing product safety and registrations.
- REACH expert
- Knowledge of product risk management.
- Claim substantiation expertise and appropriateness of data to support key claims.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Requires the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of functional backgrounds through effective communication of data & risks and influencing the outcome.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects, to organize and prioritize within and between projects.
- Requires flexibility, adaptability and ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information.
- Must be able to plan and conduct scientific, safety, clinical and toxicological testing. Must be able to draw conclusions from the results of clinical or technical studies and apply them to business decisions.
- Must have an understanding of the target consumer and how the target consumer interprets communication.
- Should have a basic understanding of the current regulatory environment and common practice in the EU market among other global markets.
- Requires international travel (minimum quarterly basis to UK or as often as needed).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, bend, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see, and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material and must have the ability to focus.