The Quality Inspector I ensures quality of finished products and raw materials though rigorous visual inspection and measurement testing to make sure all components are in line with quality standards. He or she maintains accurate records and notifies all affected parties of any quality concerns.
- Systemic Thinking
- Team Orientation
- Completes receiving inspections on incoming freight according to internal quality procedures.
- Serves as the first communication point for potential quality issues and completes initial observation and investigation, then involves the Quality Analyst as necessary.
- Operates inspection equipment; including a viscometer, scales, torque meters, barcode scanners, calipers, automated tape unwinder, and micrometers.
- Conducts periodic performance audits of products.
- Enters and records inspection data using Microsoft Excel.
- Assists the Quality Analyst in determining inspection criteria and frequency.
- Conducts quality testing on products and packaging components according to test plans.
- Constructs gold standards for executions and special pack outs; then periodically audits production for gold standard accuracy.
- Keeps non-conformance areas neat and orderly and prepares returns to vendors if needed.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by management.